Look What I Cooked Up With a Baby in My Arms…

Proof that you can still go about life while carrying a baby in the Bjorn carrier: This lovely French Apple-Almond Tart that I made for my birthday dinner, yesterday. Colby (19 days old) fussed for a while then completely gave up and become mesmerized by the baking experience. Now if I can just figure out how to finish the edits of my second novel with a baby in my lap. Any pointers?

• February 20, 2011
    Jessica

You are an artist! It looks beautiful….and yummy too! Great work multi-tasking as always.

• February 21, 2011

I’m disgusted by your continued brilliance. 🙂

You blow me away, woman! Happy birthday, happy baby, happy book success (I read the other post on the beautiful fan letter)… so thrilled for you!

xo,

E

• February 22, 2011

Beautiful!

As to writing a novel with a baby in arms, I never quite managed. I foolishly took a MS to the hospital when I went into labour. As if!

I’d rise an hour before the children in order to write: at the end of a year I had hundreds of pages, all on the subject of exhaustion.

I felt that having children made it difficult to write, but that without them I had little to write about. Mothering is such a deep connection—to others, to the world.

*****
    Website: http://www.sandragulland.com/
    Blog: http://sandragulland.blogspot.com/

• February 23, 2011

Just discovered your blog, it’s lovely!

• April 1, 2011

Yum. My favorite desserts are those that contain apples. Must be the product of a Northwest childhood. AMazing that you created something so beautiful with your baby strapped to your chest. Baby wearing is a lifesaver.

• September 5, 2011
    Susan Hutton Tawney

I’ve just found you !! and I want to race to send the news to my family and friends. So many will be able to relate to you, and I am so excited to get into the book club and reading your new book. You sound like such a fascinating person! I hope in my reading that we can share “a cuppa” and talk for hours…

Susan