To Turkey, With Love

My trip to Istanbul last November was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. I can’t wait to return this year and say hi to all of my lovely Turkish readers again. Until then, back to work on my new novel!

IMG_4171

• March 16, 2016
    Müge Yarkent Ünalan

Greetings;
    My mom came to life with your books. Loved your books so come to me with pleasure. Mom finds you very sweet and successful. Would love to meet you. Even when I go to the bookstore right now I’m going to take your creation named ‘Yağmur Sonrası’ (After the rain). Thanks for making it in many woman like my mother for giving inspiration and joy of life 🙂

• March 17, 2016
    Gamze

Dear Sarah, I am a teacher in İzmir, Turkey. I’ve just finished “Goodnight June” . It was so sincere and warm that I wanted to say thank you for transferring your feelings and thoughts into paper and also sharing your inspiration for this novel. I will absolutely buy and read ” goodnight moon” to my two year old daughter, too☺️
    Ihope you will also visit İzmir and make an autograph session here..
    Best wishes,
    Gamze

• March 17, 2016
    Deniz

I just finished reading The Bungalow in Turkish and I was amazed! I just wanted to find out your other books and more learn about you, but then found out you’ve been to my home country?! I’m happy you enjoyed your visit! The next one I’ll read is going to be the The Violets In March and then all others! Thank you for writing such an amazing book! Couldn’t help but cried over each chapter…

Loves from Canada

• March 20, 2016
    Fulya

Your book I find myself almost extraordinary that I am my past love my .es . It is very interesting that your books, portrays still inside my unforgettable love..thank you sarah jio

• March 20, 2016
    Berna

Thank you for everything Sarah! It was great time with you! See you again! xo

• April 9, 2016
    Buse

Dear Sarah,
    I’m a teacher in Hatay. I have read your 5 books (after the rain , the last camella, the look of love, bungalow and blacberry winter.). Actually, I’ve just finished the “Last Camella”. It was amazing ! I really adore your books. I’ll start “violets of march”. Thanks for everything !
    Loves,
    Buse

• May 15, 2016
    Elif Tuba

You’re books more exciting. I love you Sarah!

• June 28, 2016
    Begüm

Dearest Sarah Jio,

I had long been on the search for ‘my type’ of a story, something so perfect for me that it would provide the most enjoyable time as I read it. Then one day, approxiamately 3 years ago I picked up a copy of The Bungalow. It was exactly what I had been waiting for- I finished it so quickly that I read it again! Since then I have been hooked to your novels and your writing style! Oh and I’ve also got my mum hooked (we’ve always been big readers).

So, thank you for discovering your passion, and taking us all on amazing journeys! I’m very happy to have discovered your stories.

Warmest Wishes,

• July 27, 2016
    Sevil

Hi Sarah,

I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time visiting my country. I am from a city called Yalova right across the sea from Istanbul. I have read all your novels which got translated to Turkish. All 7 of them 🙂 Looking forward to reading more of your novels. I love your work!

Your 76 year old fan from Turkey