Three More Books in the U.S., and a New Publisher: Random House!

book-deal

With much gratitude and love for all the friends, family, colleagues and mentors who helped me arrive at this place in my career, I am turning the page to a new chapter (and toasting with some sparkling cider with my 3-year-old!). After seven novels with Penguin Books (and nothing but fondness and appreciation to my beloved editor and friends at Penguin), I am so thrilled to announce that I have accepted a 3-book deal in the US with Ballantine Books at Random House, which will be my new publishing home alongside authors such as Jodi Picoult, Emily Giffin, Anna Quindlen, Debbie Macomber, Lisa See, Curtis Sittenfeld and so many others.

While the landscape of my life has changed in many ways this year, in my heart, much remains the same. I’m still the little girl who loves to write stories and share them. Nothing in life is certain; and it is no secret that this year has been very hard for me in my personal life. But I get up every day excited about three things: my boys, my coffee, and my career.

I have a lot to be grateful for, and so much to celebrate right now. Here’s the announcement that ran in Publisher’s Marketplace: “New York Times bestselling author Sarah Jio’s next three novels moving to Jennifer Hershey at Ballantine by Elisabeth Weed at Weed Literary (NA).

signature-1

• September 30, 2014
    mustafa altun

Thank you for new book turkish name”bögurtlen kişi”

• September 30, 2014
    mustafa altun

Blackberry wınter very good thank you sarah

• October 2, 2014

Congratulations! It is so inspiring to see a writer’s advancement in such a naturally progressing way. You are an inspiration to me!

• October 2, 2014
    Peggy Ryan

I just finished Goodnight June and enjoyed it so much I need to own a copy! I love childrens’ books so that made it particularly appealing. I have advised my reading friends that if they are not familiar with your books they should treat themselves and remedy that.

Today I cleared off the library shelf of all the books they have that you have written and plan to devour them all! Thank you for wonderful, well written stories. I feel like I know the characters personally!

• October 6, 2014
    Esra Arslan

Hi Sarah,
    I just finished the “Blackberry Winter”
    Difficult to express my feelings,very impressive! I read half a day..
    I congratulate you, really impressive,hopefully more income, I’m waiting impatiently
    Greetings from Turkey

• October 27, 2014
    Jody

Congratulations! You are amazing and so inspiring to an ‘aspiring’ writer! All the best wishes to you in all areas of your life Sarah!

• November 10, 2014
    Christine

Hi Sarah, I have read all your books to the present and just finished Goodnight June. It is fabulous! I have recommended your books to several friends (and will be writing to another one of them today about Goodnight June), and they love them as well. Best of luck on your continuing successful career!

• August 5, 2015
    Helin Mutlu

Hello Sarah,
    I just finished the “Blackberry Winter”
    Blackberry Winter is an amazing book. I was very impressed. I look forward to more books. Take care yourself!
    From TURKEY

• August 5, 2015
    Helin Mutlu

Hello Sarah,
    I just finished the “Blackberry Winter”
    From TURKEY